Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Still Recovering

As good as I feel for the most part, I need to remember that I'm still recovering from surgery.  I've been trying to ease back into a semi-normal life but I clearly wear myself out quickly these days.  Today I am resting.  I've been waking up with migraines every day lately, so I'll spend some time trying to figure out what has caused them to start up again.  Later, I'll make another attempt at a healthy dinner (that my kids most likely won't eat!).  Somewhere in between, hopefully some laundry will get done!

I thought I had completely removed my work stress for the time being, but I should have known better.  Although the current issue doesn't directly deal with work that needs to be done, it's still associated with my company and how nothing ever goes smoothly.  To make a long story short, I applied for Short Term Disability on 9/16/10.  Today is 10/13/10 and I still don't have an approved claim.  Not even for the major surgery that I just had.  To make matters worse, I can't even get in touch with a live person at the disability vendor.  Figures.  I'm trying not to worry too much for now.  But it would be nice to know whether I was going to get paid or not.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully your STD claim will get approved. That sucks that no one has responded to you yet. The company I dealt with when I was out called me and sent me mail several times while I was out.

    I know what you mean about having time for laundry and stuff. I feel like I am on the go from 4:30 am until at least 8 PM. By then I am ready to just crash...

    Hope you can figure out what is causing your migraines. :)

    ReplyDelete