Monday, October 25, 2010

No work today... or tomorrow

Things could not be more confusing and messed up between my disability company and my employer.  My initial claim for fibromyalgia, submitted by my PCP, was denied (although I plan to fight that later).  In order to be approved for the claim for surgery, I have to be an active employee of the company right before the surgery.  Technically, since I was out of work for 2 weeks before that, I am not an active employee.  Thankfully (I guess), HR told me that if my initial claim was denied, then I would have to use vacation time for those first 2 weeks - which makes me an active employee again.

So the good news is that at a minimum, my surgery claim will be approved.  The surgeon released me to return to work as of today.  Unfortunately, no one has been able to get their hands on that actual paperwork!  In the mean time, on Friday afternoon, HR at my company told me that in order to return to work I need a release from not only the surgeon but also from my PCP who filled out the initial disability claim.  Makes no sense since the claim from the PCP was denied!  Anyway, the PCP's office was closed for the afternoon on Friday, and the surgeon never called me back.  So, HR told me not to come into work today.

Now, of course, I called the PCP again this morning only to find that she's out of the office for the day today!  Since I can't return to work until I have a note from her, it looks like I can't go in tomorrow either.

Not that I feel I'm ready to go back, but I don't think I have much choice.  I'm still constantly exhausted.  I wear myself out by just getting the kids ready in the morning.  And I know the healthy meals will have to stop once I go back to work full time.  I'll pretty much be in the same place I was before I stopped working.  Getting home at night just in time to throw some crap in the microwave for dinner, while struggling to help with homework and bedtime routines.  If I'm exhausted at noon today, when I've only done some laundry and ran an errand, how am I supposed to feel any better once I throw full time work back into the mix?  I'll have to keep fighting the disability company, but by the time there's any kind of determination I'll have been back at work and back to the same mess again.

1 comment:

  1. look on the bright side...at least you won't need the 100's of tampons you gave me...lol! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete