Sunday, November 7, 2010

A few of my favorites

Since a lot of people have asked, I thought I would highlight some of my new favorite products.

All Surface Cleaner Spray Lavender 28 OuncesOne thing that we've been using for a while is Method Cleaner.  We have a glass table in the kitchen, and ever since we bought it we've been using this cleaner.  I had always figured that I didn't want to put chemicals on the surfact that my kids eat off of.  So this cleaner replaces using Windex on the glass table.  It smells great and doesn't leave any streaks.

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo with Peppermint and Eucalyptus Botanicals - Cruelty FreeMy new favorite shampoo and conditioner is from Trader Joes.  Megan loves it, too.  It's called Tea Tree Tingle, and it really does tingle!  It took a few days for me to get used to a different kind of clean for my hair, but now I love it.  I can go 2 days without washing my hair and it doesn't feel oily on the 2nd day like it used to.  I also have been using Trader Joes Tea Tree Oil soap.  It smells and feels great.

Abba Pure Thermal Protect Spray, 8.5-Ounces BottleAlso for my hair, I've been using Abba Pure Thermal Protect before drying and straightening my hair.  With no other products in my hair, this still helps hold the style all day.  Even the 2nd day, I only have to do minor touch-ups with the straightener.

Tarte Lifted(TM) Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol(TM) 0.11 ozAs for make-up, I have found a few new products that I now can't live without.  I never used to wear eyeshadow because of how oily my skin is.  Eyeshadow would slide into the creases, and the color would disappear after a few hours, so why bother?  Recently I was given a gift card to Ulta, so I treated myself to some new mineral make-up.  I bought a set of eyeshadow by Tarte (had never tried that brand before) that came with a sample of their eye primer.  I love the shadow set.  It came with instructions for application, and looks awesome when applied.  But the real miracle is the Tarte Lifted Natural Eye Primer.  The first time I used the primer and shadow was for a special event.  I put it on around 8:00 in the morning, and figured I'd have to touch up the eyeshadow by lunch time.  Somehow, the shadow was perfect throughout the day, and into the night!  Now, I've been using it for work every day and am amazed that I put it on at 7 AM, and it's still on at 10 PM.  I am almost out of the sample size primer, so I went out and bought the full size product yesterday.  I'm hooked.

Bare Escentuals RareMinerals(TM) Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser 2.5 ozSome of the other make-up that I've been using is Pur Minerals pressed powder, mascara and primer (the primer was also a free gift that works well).  I use Bare Minerals all over face colors for blush.  I like Ulta Minerals loose powder for quick touch ups during the day.  For a while now, I've been using Rare Minerals facial cleanser.  It leaves my skin clean and soft.  I'm a little disappointed that this product is being discontinued/replaced, but I bought 2 bottles yesterday to stock up.

Another day I'll highlight some other favorites.  Enjoy these for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment