Thursday, October 6, 2011

Medication side effects

There is never a dull moment for me. Between migraines and fevers and aches and pains, I also have to deal with the side effects of the medication that I take to try to help all of it. I'm now on another antibiotic to treat a Lyme co-infection called mycoplasm pneumoniae. With all of the fevers, the doctor is convinced that there is another infection going on. Since my tests show positive for a past infection, the doctor is treating it. I'm taking an antibiotic called Biaxin. I've never been on this one before. The first thing I noticed was an awful taste in my mouth. And it just won't go away. After a few days on the medicine, I started to have stomach pain. The kind of pain that wakes you up in the middle of the night. Funny that one of the listed side effects is diarrhea, but since I never get the usual stuff, I'm having the opposite problem.

For the adrenal fatigue, my primary doctor has me on pregnenolone. It's not exactly a steroid, but technically it's the precursor to steroids. No surprise that I'm having the typical steroid side effects. If I take it without a full meal, I get really nauseous within a half hour. And I'm starving all the time. So of course I'm gaining weight. And my favorite... I have to pee constantly. I can't stay out of the bathroom.

So today I'm home. I woke up with awful stomach pains and a migraine. Hopefully things will get better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment