Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My doctor's advice:

1. You need to quit your job.
2. You need to reduce your stress.
3. You need to get more sleep.

I'm not really sure how any of those things are going to happen. It appears that I am now in stage 4 (of 7) of adrenal fatigue. Basically, my adrenal glands are not producing enough cortisol (and other important hormones) to keep me going. This is one of the reasons I'm always so tired. I don't have enough cortisol in the morning to even get out of bed, and then it keeps going downhill throughout the day. It's also the reason I take much longer to recover from illnesses than most people.

The doctor has suggested a few band-aid approaches, but I am not feeling any difference yet. And the running around of the beginning of the school year is not helping. But this is life and I have to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment