Monday, August 8, 2011

That didn't take long

My primary doctor thought we'd try one more form of vitamin D. She found a compounding pharmacy not too far away and the pharmacist said he could make a vitamin D cream to apply transdermally. The theory was that if my problem was being caused by the D passing through my digestive system, this would eliminate the issue.

So the nice pharmacist made up a batch of cream for me to try, and even shipped it to me free of charge (the sample was also free!). Based on his instructions, he gave me enough to last for 12 days which is long enough to see if I had a reaction to it. Of course, I only used half of the recommended dose, being afraid of having problems again. I applied it yesterday, and again this morning. On the way home from work tonight I started having the familiar lightheaded feeling. It only happened a few times, but thankfully I recognized it at once and I know it's being caused by the D so I won't continue with the cream.

My last experiment is to try only using it once a week. According to my doctor, if I can tolerate it in tiny doses, it's still better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment