Monday, April 25, 2011

So sad

I read an article in Vogue magazine today about Lyme disease.  You would think that any news is good press for such a misunderstood illness.  But this article just contributed to the confusion.  It was basically an article about a woman with chronic Lyme.  Then the article denied that there is any such thing as chronic Lyme.  I hate to read things like this.  For the last 2+ months, I sit in a room for over an hour every day with LIVING PROOF of chronic Lyme disease.  Not just me, but 20 other patients.

On the other hand, the doctor's office loaned me a copy of the documentary "Under Our Skin" which follows several Lyme patients as well as several doctors' struggles with treating Lyme and maintaining their medical licenses.  Another sad state of affairs.  However, if you ever wanted to know some of what I've been going through, this documentary is not to be missed.  I'll be buying a copy and will be happy to loan it out to anyone who wants to understand.

Update: There is now a 2nd movie, Under Our Skin 2: Emergence.

No comments:

Post a Comment