Sunday, February 20, 2011

A week of migraines, and other stuff

Just when I thought things were going well, the migraines struck.  Today is day 7.  I've been waking up with them first thing in the morning, but thankfully they eventually go away with either Excedrin or my prescription meds.  If I still had a uterus, I would have known right away that it was "that time of the month."  Now, my only signal is a week or more of migraines!

This week was also full of fevers.  I keep reminding myself that it's a good sign, that my body is fighting off the infection.  I just would like it to end soon.  It's hard to function when you constantly feel feverish.  On the bright side, the lightheadedness continues to get better.  It's still there, but I continue to notice a difference.  When it hits now, I realize that it's been a while since I last felt it.  I'm exhausted right now, but I think that's a combination of the fevers and migraines, rather than the usual total exhaustion.

Unfortunately, Jackson found a tick on his shoulder yesterday.  In the midst of everything I'm going through, this was one of the scariest sights I've ever seen.  He was playing outside in the woods yesterday at a friend's house, and had been home for about 2 hours before he noticed it.  I have no idea how long it was on him since I don't know what time they were outside.  The only thing I do know is that it was definitely attached.  Sean removed it and I saved it in a container to show to my doctor.  The area was red last night, but I think that was more from removing the tick than anything else.  Right now it is less red than last night, but it's still red.  I am really hoping that it was not attached for long enough to cause a problem, and that it wasn't carrying Lyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment