Friday, February 11, 2011

Dare I say it?

I feel slightly more human.  There, I said it.  The lightheadedness has gotten MUCH better.  My neck pain is better, too.  Not gone, but better.  I'll take every little improvement I can get.  I am still exhausted, but I think I'm functioning better than before considering I have stopped taking the medication that was supposed to be helping with the fatigue.  In fact, I've stopped taking several medications.  No more Fibromyalgia meds... they weren't doing anything anyway.  I don't remember the last time I needed migraine meds (hope I didn't just jinx myself!).  My fever is also lower the last 2 days.  I was running pretty consistently around 99.5, and now I'm back to about 98.6.  That's still high for me, but better.

That said, my stomach is a bit of a mess from all of the antibiotics but that is to be expected.  I've only had 4 treatments so I still have much more to go.  Considering I'm already seeing improvement, I'm happy with how things are going.  The drive to the treatment center is a bit much but right now it's worth it.  Anything to get my life back!

The PICC is still annoying but that beats being stuck every day.  It mostly hurts right around where it goes into my arm.  It feels bruised.  The nurses keep assuring me that it will get better, and I believe them because it's a little better each day.  I take ibuprofen when it gets bad (usually around bedtime) and put heat on it during the day.

Progress, finally!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Glad to hear that you are finally feeling a bit better. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete