Thursday, December 9, 2010

When will I start getting better?

I'm trying to do all the right things, but I keep ending up right back in the same place.  Worn out, run down, aches and pains, and with whatever virus is going around.  I started off yesterday with a sore throat and upper back pain.  It only got worse as the day went on.  So today I am home, resting.  I feel like the only thing I can do is give my body time to heal.  But I'm going in circles.

I finally got the results from my MRI, which didn't show anything.  I'm waiting for the ENT to get some blood work results and then he'll let me know where we go from here.  In the mean time, my left ear still bothers me on a regular basis, and the tinnitus is always there - sometimes worse than others.  The dizziness has continued also.

I do feel like PT is helping me make some progress though.  My last appointment was on Monday, and they continued with the Graston Technique (which leaves me with nasty bruises, but seems to be helping).  When I left there, I actually felt great.  I had lots of movement in my neck and shoulders without pain, except that where the therapist works with Graston is painful to the touch.  Unfortunately, by later that day I started getting a lot of muscle pain in my upper back between my shoulder blades.  That pain still continues today.  I'm supposed to be doing a lot of exercises at home.  The problem is that there are not enough hours in the day, and not enough energy in my body!  I tried making time for exercising in the morning before work.  No luck.  It's hard enough getting out of bed as it is.  Evenings are even worse since I'm wiped out from the day, yet I have to help with homework, dinner, baths, etc.  In the mean time, my Short Term Disability claim for the first 2 weeks (prior to surgery) was officially denied.  They don't see that I had a problem that required me to stop working.  Looks like I have to write an appeal letter.

Off to take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment