Monday, January 24, 2011

Progress report: The good and the bad

I've been on the oral antibiotic for about 4 days now.  On the 3rd day, I noticed a drastic decrease in my lightheadedness.  It's still there, but much less disruptive than it had been for the previous 2 weeks.  That's the good news.

The bad news is that my neck/back pain has been much worse than usual.  Every muscle is tight.  I have pain shooting down my left arm.  Thankfully my PT was able to help lessen the pain today.  Hopefully it will go away soon.  I know that it's possible to have a "herximer reaction" to the medication, and I'm guessing that is what I'm experiencing.  "Herxing" is when you're killing off the bacteria faster than your body can eliminate it from your system.  This causes you to feel worse before feeling better.

If the end result is that I will ultimately feel better, I'll work through this for a little while.  At least I can function better when I'm not so lightheaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment